Utility Structures
Aeration Systems
Architectural Products
Barrier: Highway
Basements: Precast, Thermal-Krete
Box Culverts
Bridge: 3 Sided Rigid Frame
Bridge: Arch-Parabolic
Bridge: Arch-Culvert
Bridge: Abutment System- Precast
Bridge: Steel Beam Precast Deck
Buildings
Catch Basins
Chlorine Tanks
Communication Manholes
Curbs: Precast Curb
D.O.T. Products - NEW YORK STATE DEP. OF. TRANS.
Distribution Boxes
Dosing Chambers
Electrical Catalog
Erosion: Cable Concrete
Grease Interceptors
Headwalls
Leaching Chambers
Lift Stations
Lifting Prodedures
Light Bases
Manhole: Communication
Manhole: Sanitary/Storm
Manhole: Power
Manhole: Pump Stations
Meter/Valve Pits "Water"
Monuments & Markers
Oil Separators
Parking Bumpers
PermEntry
Pipe, Concrete End Section
Power Manholes
Pull Boxes
Pump Tanks
Retaining Walls: Kast-Block
Retaining Walls: Kast-Block Max
Retaining Walls: Evergreen
Retaining Walls: Redi-Rock
Roof Slabs
RPZ-Vaults & Buildings
Sanitary/Storm Manholes
Septic Tanks
Septic Tanks: Accessories
Septic Tanks: Traffic
Septic Tanks: Venting
Square/Rect. Structures - Vaults - Chambers
Stormwater Detention
Stormwater Treatment
Transformer Pads
Trench Drain
Tunnels: Precast
Used Equipment for Sale
Water Meter Structures
Locations, Approvals, Certifications & Warranties
History, Mission, Vision, and Pledge
Mini Catalog
Video Links
Project Pictures
History, Mission, Vision, and Pledge < prev  |  next >
Firm History & Future
Click on a thumbnail to view larger photos
Description
The Frontier Burial Vault Company was founded in 1947 by the late William George Kistner, a General Motors employee and Buffalo native. Heeding the advice of a friend, William sought to produce burial vaults composed entirely of concrete in order to meet new cemetery codes eliminating the use of stand alone wooden boxes. Simple wooden boxes caused settling over time and were no longer allowed to be buried alone.

William G. and his son William E. Kistner set up the companys first manufacturing facility in a four car garage on Genesee Street in Cheektowaga, New York (above picture shows this original location). Although the burial vault business proved to have its downside, it introduced the idea of precasting to the Kistner family. Therefore, Frontier became the true genesis for the company known today as Kistner Concrete Products.

During the 1950s Frontier began to diversify. Soon burial vaults were no longer the primary product for the growing company. In the later part of that decade Frontier Burial Vault Company became "Kistner Septic Tank Company," due to the addition of precast septic tanks as a major product type. Shortly thereafter, in 1957 the company again changed names and became what we know today as Kistner Concrete Products.

During the 1960s engineers began turning away from the use of brick manholes, and began to specify the use of precast concrete storm and sanitary manholes because of their watertight capabilities. This industry shift was capitalized upon by William G. and his son, and precast manhole production became a priority of the company. At the close of the 1960s the Kistner company produced a variety of products including septic tanks, manholes, and precast steps.

During the 1960s, 70s, and 80s the weight of the company was placed on the shoulders of William E. Kistner. At this time four new manufacturing facilities were introduced: Springville, NY in 1969, E. Pembroke, NY in 1973, E. Bethany, NY in 1978, and Lockport, NY in 1983.

William E. Kistner had three sons: William M., Michael, and Kenneth. Each of these sons became actively involved in the business between 1978 and 84. Today the three sons control the corporation, as Kistner pushes on into the 21st century.

Kistner Concrete Products is committed to innovation in product design while employing the very highest level of customer service and support. Weve enjoyed working with you over the years, and look forward to again partnering with you in order to ensure mutual prosperity in the future.

Regards,

William E. Kistner
C.E.O.


Contact Us


< prev  |  next >
8713 Read Road • P.O. Box 218 • East Pembroke, NY 14056 • Tel. 585.762.8216 • Fax 585.762.8315